ABF Freight System - Review in Shipping category from Renton, Washington

Buyer beware!

ABF was the cheapest option for us to move across the country. Because we went so far I expected at least some small damages in transit. But this truck destroyed our stuff.

First off, if you're not a professional mover yourself you may want to call someone else. They left 2 of us with this huge truck that is lined with splintered wood. There are tape marks on the wall to indicate where you should stop loading. You have to estimate the square footage you'll use before you move. If you're over by even 2 ft, it's about $300. Well what do you know, we underestimated how much footage we would need. Ok. Finally everything's packed up, heavy at the bottom, filled in with plenty of padding, and strapped in. Then you get to try your hand at finagling these like 8 ft wooden doors that you have to stand up (very heavy and splintered) and lock together with some metal rods. Have fun. The rods were bent from whoever used them last and barely locked.

Took 2 weeks to get our stuff. Holiday weekend, we understand. But when the truck finally arrived, so much was wrong. My couch was wet, coffee table and other small furniture damaged, glass broken, HE washing machine has lost some mechanism and we have to call a repair man. The list could go on.

I'm frustrated, and they already got my money so there's nothing they will do. I just wanted this to be a warning to anyone considering this company. We spent $4000 to receive a broken home 2 weeks later. It's a real bummer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Review category
review #878693
Had an experience with ABF Freight System? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to ABF Freight System. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about ABF Freight System.
Filing a new complaint about