ABF was the cheapest option for us to move across the country. Because we went so far I expected at least some small damages in transit. But this truck destroyed our stuff.
First off, if you're not a professional mover yourself you may want to call someone else. They left 2 of us with this huge truck that is lined with splintered wood. There are tape marks on the wall to indicate where you should stop loading. You have to estimate the square footage you'll use before you move. If you're over by even 2 ft, it's about $300. Well what do you know, we underestimated how much footage we would need. Ok. Finally everything's packed up, heavy at the bottom, filled in with plenty of padding, and strapped in. Then you get to try your hand at finagling these like 8 ft wooden doors that you have to stand up (very heavy and splintered) and lock together with some metal rods. Have fun. The rods were bent from whoever used them last and barely locked.
Took 2 weeks to get our stuff. Holiday weekend, we understand. But when the truck finally arrived, so much was wrong. My couch was wet, coffee table and other small furniture damaged, glass broken, HE washing machine has lost some mechanism and we have to call a repair man. The list could go on.
I'm frustrated, and they already got my money so there's nothing they will do. I just wanted this to be a warning to anyone considering this company. We spent $4000 to receive a broken home 2 weeks later. It's a real bummer.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They delivered my $6K TV from NY to CA with a giant hole on the box and on the front size of the TV. And asked me to take..."
- " The Manager, LBC Express Inc. at sa mga Kinauukulan, Ako po si Ricardo A. Del Rosario na wastong edad na nakatira sa Angono Rizal ay sumulat sa inyong tanggapan..."
- "I am a chronic pain patient. I use the home delivery service offered through my employer's insurance. My package was due for delivery on December 15, 2014. I paid for..."
- "Century link is a scam company! I asked for the service and it never worked! Not once! I had to go back to Comcast to get internet! Now they sent..."
- "These guys are rip off artist. I bought couch,love seat n 2 tables 9 days ago. Sat on the couch this morning n it pretty much collapsed. I had to..."
- "went in to have tire checked at the Renton Les Swaub. just had whole front end of vehicle repainted a month ago. washed and waxed car yesterday and there was..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."